MARGIE HART ON RKO CIRCUIT --- JUST SINGING

Latest Act Has No Stripping Feature

Margie Hart walked into the dingy backstage at the RKO Boston and lit it up with her personality. She has given up the gentle art of a stripper and has embarked on a career of showing her soul to the patrons of RKO theatres in all cities outside the Bible Bell.

Miss Hart, who has just ended her engagement at the RKO Boston, said that she is in reality a simple country maid from Kansas City, and, like the fresh and wholesome Queenie, she plans to go back there at the end of her career in the big cities.

Not Here This Week

RKO will not feature Miss Hart this week, however. Margie has gone back to her New York apartment for a week of recreation. It isn't rest, though, she says, for her Lieutenant-husband is coming into town to spend the week with her.

Although she has more or less given up the world of the New York theatre following her experience with New York policemen after the Little Flower closed her tragedy, "Wine, Women, and Song," Margie has acquired the New York habit of gum-chewing, and chows most gracefully while she talks.

Thinks More of Harvard Men

Margie thinks more of Harvard men now than she used to. She still thinks that the Columbia boys are the nicest, but since she was shown such a swell night by the boys from Adams House last May she thinks more of Harvard.

Now that she has had legitimate theatre experiences in "Cry Havoc" Marge feels herself above her old compatriots, and although she knows Boston well she made no reference to the competition supplied by the University's own Old Howard.

Margie lifted her skirt high above the knees and crossed her legs demurely for the photographer, but on stage she wore a full length evening gown. She is not quite the same old Margie.

Not Here This Week

Thinks More of Harvard Men