ARMY ELECTRONICS TRAINING CENTER and NAVAL TRAINING SCHOOL (RADAR)

By Ensign HERBERT S. balley

The Slide Rule Symphony has been practicing feverishly for the Engineering 270, 260 and 263 party on August 7. Maestro Chaffee is whipping the faculty into shape for the big musical event.

Dr. LeCorbeiller has arranged a special band-pass filter for his cello and is planning to produce sounds never before heard by the human ear. Manager and Cornetist Schwetman has announced that Dr. Tatum is in his best saxophone trim minority plebiscite.

For the dancing, Ken Reeves' 12-piece orchestra has been engaged. Their dancipation, sweet and hot, is well known to night-owis of Cambridge and Boston. Copious food and drink has been ordered; there will be no thirsty throats or hungry engineers at the conclusion of the party.

Prestidigitator Lett will be Master of Ceremonies, applying his now-you-see-it, now-you-don't technique to a series of short snappy acts. Last month someone accused him of making a pack of cards disappear up his sleeve and to disprove it he made his sleeve disappear.

We are still looking for volunteer barbership quartettes and musicians. Anyone interested please see Ensign Bailey or Major Fay.