COUNCIL DRIVE CLOSES FRIDAY

Cold Coasters Lead Houses With $420 in Contributions

Leading the Student Council Fund drive which will end this week, Adams House has contributed approximately $420, or nearly 80 per cent of the total amount collected.

Under the supervision of Andrew W. Welch, Jr. '444, Council Treasurer, the Student Council Fund is organized on a House basis. Collection committees are composed of representative undergraduates who are known for past connections with PBH, the Crimson, Freshman affairs, and collegiate sports.

As outlined in previous annual Council reports, the funds collected through the drive will be employed to meet the needs of the local and national charities.

Funds Help Red Cross

be included in their tasks.

Eighteen per cent of the money collected will go to the Red Cross with a like amount going to the contingency fund for special drives.

Twenty-one per cent will go into Student Council scholarships for undergraduates, and nine per cent to a community fund, while only four per cent is used for Council operating expenses.

Nearly a third of the money goes to Phillips Brooks House, which in turn supports local charities and carries on a social service of its own.

Competitions for positions in the Phillips Brooks House opened this week with candidates expected to do at least ten hours work for a week period.