TO CONTINUE WAR COURSES

Business School Will Begin Third Session October 4

Announcing a third 15-week course in war industrial executive training which will start in October, Dean Donald K. David of the Business School hinted that further courses of a like nature will probably be offered in the post-war period.

Manufacturing concerns have been sending their executives to the Business School and business men have entered on their own accord to enable them to carry broader responsibilities in war industries and to facilitate their transfer from non-essential industrial positions.

The intensive course is open to men between 35 and 60 who are able to demonstrate their ability as executives, and tuition is underwritten by the U.S. Office of Education. Instructed by the Business School's senior faculty, the executives receive an accelerated program built around the study of production and management techniques.

Varied Training Taken

Inventory control, sub-contract expediting, cost determination, worker training and upgrading, handling of workers' grievances, purchasing, and inspection are stressed in the program.

Since the first of these war production courses started last February, 195 executives averaging 40 years in age and $7000 in salary have attended the two sessions. Several of the men are earning $20,000 annually as key men in war industries and have been given special leave of absence for this vital training.