Garrison Elected Chief Marshal; 14 Men Nominated For Overseer

Wisconsin Law Dean To Lead Graduates

Lloyd K. Garrison '19, Law School '22, and General Counsel for the National War Labor Board, has been chosen Chief Marshal to lead the Harvard alumni at the Commencement exercises of the Alumni Association, it was announced yesterday.

In addition to being General Counsel for the WLB, Garrison is on leave as Dean of the University of Wisconsin Law School and holds the position of Vice-Chairman of the American Civil Liberties Union. It is expected that he will be chosen a public member of the War Labor Board in the near future, when Wayne L. Morse resigns to run for Senator in Oregon.

Dean Garrison was elected at a meeting of the Directors of the Alumni Association held at the Boston Harvard Club. As is the usual custom, he is a member of the class which this year celebrates its twenty-fifth anniversary.

Active on Legal Commissions

After practicing privately for ten years. Dean Garrison became professor of Law at Wisconsin. Following his appointment as Dean of the Law School there, he worked on many government commissions. He was the original Chairman of the National Labor Relations Board, a member of the Federal Steel Mediation Board, the President's Commission on Industrial Relations in Britain and Sweden, and the Attorney General's Committee on Administrative Procedure and Bankruptcy.

In addition to this, he has found time to be on the board of arbitration between the newspaper publishes and the International printing pressmen, a member of the Harvard Board of Overseers for the last six years, and President of the Association of American Law Schools in 1937.

Through his work in the American Civil Liberties Union and his contribution to The Nation and The New Republic. Dean Garrison has become a household name in liberal circles. His extensive work in labor relations, including his chairmanship of the NLRB with its job of handling the Smith boys, has made him one of the outstanding authorities in the field of labor law, and one of the best-known mediators in the nation.