FIVE WILL MEET CRUSADERS ON SATURDAY HERE

Holy Cross Match Opens 10-Game Post-Vacation List

Floyd Stahl's Crimson hoopsters will swing back into action Saturday against Holy Cross, ending a three-week layoff around the Christmas holidays. Following this, the basketball team will play nine games before winding up at home against the Boston Coast Guard.

There will be no return game at New Haven to give Harvard a chance for revenge over the Blue for the four-point victory the Bulldogs eked out on December 18. Replacing the game, originally scheduled for January 19, will be a tilt with the Boston Coast Guard at Constitution Wharf.

Of the ten games that remain to be played on the Crimson 14-game schedule four are against college teams. January 12 and 15 will see the courtmen at M.I.T. and Tufts, while February 12 will have them making the leap to Worcester for a game with W.P.I.

Thomas Again

Among the other games will be rematches with Camp Thomas and the Boston Navy Receiving Center in addition to games with Camp Edwards and the Lovell Hospital from Camp Devens. The schedule is completed by a home-and-home series with the Boston Coast Guard.

The team's record so far is none too good, involving four defeats in as many attempts; but the future does not look too dismal. Holy Cross is not too well known but should be able to trouble the Crimson no end. M.I.T. and Tufts both appear better on paper than Harvard; but circumstances may have changed since before the vacation. Worcester Polytech is another team that never was even Ivy League before the war.

Of the Service teams, Edwards appears to be fairly good, the Boston Receiving Center ripe for picking, Thomas ripe arsenic, and the Boston Coast Guard and the Lovell Hospital more or less unknown quantities.