SWIMMERS TO MEET M.I.T. AT 8 TOMORROW

With Stearn Sick, Team Has Only 3 Veterans Remaining

Three veterans from last year's swimming team will pace the contingent of V-12 and NROTC men that opposes M. I. T. tomorrow in an informal nine-event meet slated to start at 8 o'clock at Tech.

The Crimson will be weaker in the freestyle than was expected, as Perry Stearn, free-styler on last year's team, has pneumonia. However, Oliver P. Morton, also a veteran, will be on hand for the meet, as will Harvey Pastel, diver, and Gilbert King, Jr., breast-stroker. In addition, 20 new men have turned out who will go to Tech.

Team Handicapped

Although in the past Crimson teams under Coach. Hal Ulen have consistently beaten M. I. T., the team is severely handicapped this year, since the pool is available for practice only 25 minutes a day, and practically all last year's team is gone, while M. I. T. still has most of its veterans and can practice two hours a day.

The events in the meet will include a 300-yard medley, 220-yard medley, 50-yard medley, fancy dive, 100-yard swim, 150-yard backstroke, 200-yard breaststroke, 440-yard free-style, and a 400-yard relay, in all probability, there will be no civilian or mixed teams this year, as the pool is in continuous use by classes of undergraduates and servicemen.