COUNCIL PICKS NEW OFFICERS

Thomas Keene '45 Elected President for Coming Term

At its meeting last night in Phillips Brooks House, the Student Council elected as new president Thomas V. Keene '45 of Indianapolis and Lowell House, third marshal of the Class of 1945, and former treasurer of the Council. After re-electing Walter Amory '46, of Needham and the NROTC, to a second term as treasurer, the Council chose H. E. "Bud" Thurman '47, of Jacksonville, Floridia and the NROTC, for the secretary's spot.

Nathan Weston '47 has been appointed Freshman Adviser, with Harish C. Mahindra '46 his assistant. These men will make recommendations to the Council for Freshmen to serve on the Class Committee. Appointments to the Committee will be made on a temporary basis some time near the end of November, and will hold good until March, 1945, when the permanent Freshman Committee will be elected by the class on a formal ballot. The Committee chosen will serve only for the duration of the war, however, and the formal election of marshals will be withheld also until after the war, when the membership of the class will again be stable.

Weston is Chairman of the Class Committee of 1947 and was Chairman of the '47 Jubilee Committee. In addition to working on elections, Councilmen, under the leadership of Douglas Danner '46 are conducting background research on problems of returning veterans.