Traditional Background Attractive Feature as SERVICE NEWS Announces Competition

With course schedules settled and rooms furnished to the point of livable comfort, the newest Harvard class casts a collectively lively eye about in search of traditional activities desiring their participation and offering undergraduate experiences of the customary College type.

Leading among these, the SERVICE NEWS is published as the war-time model of THE HARVARD CRIMSON, founded in 1872 and maintained continuously since that date as an independent undergraduate publication--self-directed and self-supported. With offices at 14 Plympton Street in the CRIMSON building, student editors continue the unbroken work of supplying the University's population with the news it creates, athletic, academic, and currently military.

Accelerated by war-time schedules, selective competitions have been reduced in length, and are now open to Freshmen as well as to any others with either editorial, financial, or photographic interests in College journalism. Beer, coke, and full details will be supplied next Wednesday night at 7:30 o'clock.