COUNCIL FIXES PLANS FOR '48

Temporary Freshman Group Will Manage Class Projects

Early next week the Student Council will announce the names of the eight members of the Class of 1948 who are being chosen for positions on the Freshman Affairs Committee, it was stated yesterday by Daniel P. S. Paul '46, chairman of the Directive Committee.

All activities carried on by the Class of '48, including plans for the Freshman Jubilee tentatively scheduled for next spring, will fall within the scope of the temporary eight-man Committee, which will include two men each from Adams, Lowell, Standish, and the Navy group of Freshmen. Sometime in February it is expected that a permanent Class Committee will be elected, with a vote for temporary officers set for early in the summer. The Affairs Committee will function only until the Permanent Class Committee is elected in February.

Endorses U.S.A.F.I. Tests

Marshals and all other Class officers will not be elected until sometime after the war, regardless of whether or not the vote on a permanent Class Committee is held. Appointments to the Affairs '47 in addition to Paul.

The Council also announced this week that it wholeheartedly endorses the U.S.A.F.I. test plan which Dean Hanford has proposed to the student body. All students enrolled in the College have been asked to take a series of tests which will be given to servicemen as they are mustered out. The scores on these examinations will be used to establish a norm for veterans who are candidates for admission to Harvard. The times have already been set, and the locations will be announced later in the SERVICE NEWS.