SOCCERMEN EDGE BROWN, 4-3, WILL MEET TUFTS TOMORROW

Pearson, Day Lead Booters To Win in Last Period Rally

Jim McDonald's 1944-45 soccer team can bear down when the pressure is on, as was shown last Wednesday at Soldiers Field when the Crimson blasted home four goals in the second half to nip Brown, 4 to 3. The victory avenged a 1 to 0 defeat suffered at the hands of the same Bruin outfit this summer.

Trailing 2 to 0 at half-time, the Crimson fought back and with some skillful passing plays, soon evened the score. Then, with five minutes to go and Brown leading 3 to 2, Paul Pearson, star Crimson forward who had been detained for most of the afternoon by important naval obligations, rushed into the game and proceeded to spur the Crimson to their third straight win this term. His vital goal came only two minutes after Day had tied the score on a cleverly-placed penalty shot.

Second-Half Team

If there are such things as second-half teams, the Crimson booters fill the bill, as they have scored all but one of their goals this term in the last two periods. Of the 11 goals registered in the second half, seven have come in the final quarter, an indication of the team's fighting spirit which has brought it from behind in, all three games played so far this term.

Tomorrow, the A squad will be out for its fourth win in as many starts when it meets Tufts at Medford. At the same time, the B team, made up mostly of Freshmen, is scheduled to meet Tabor Academy at Soldiers Field.