HOUSES' QUOTA TRIPLED IN FOURTH BOND DRIVE

Lowell House Gains $3016 in Three Days

As the civilian House War Bond drive enters its last week, Lowell House has leaped ahead in total sales with a total of $5195. Presentation of the Minute Man Flag for 90 per cent participation will be made at a dinner to be held Wednesday at the winning House.

Lowell's sudden increase of $3016 in three days put it far ahead of the previous leader. Dunster House, which is now second with a total of $2680. Adams is still close on the heels of the Funsters, but now trails by $220.

The present total of $10,335 is more than triple the original quota of $1000 per House. With five days to go, the House committees hope to quadruple this $3000 mark. In the last three days the sales have totaled more than the original quota alone.

Wednesday night Bertram A. Knight, president of Phillips Brooks House, will award the Minute Man Flag to the chairman of the War Bond and Stamp drive of the House first to get 90 per cent participation, or with the highest percentage of participation. The Master of the winning House will attend the presentation dinner.

An astounding increase in purchase of large-denomination bonds by many people was responsible for Lowell's recent record. A waitress bought a $500 bond yesterday. Many students, as well as Eliot Perkins, Master of Lowell House, have made large purchases.