Lowell Leads In Bond Drive

Quota Quadrupled as Appeal Nears Close

With but one more day to go in the Harvard Fourth War Loan Drive, Lowell House last night led the other civilian Houses in the amount invested. More than six times its quota already reached. Lowell presented a record of $6100, nearly $1000 above its report of last Thursday. Adams House climbed into the runner-up spot with $3700, adding $1200 to its total as listed last Thursday. Dunster, announcing no change over its $2680 of last week, dropped to last place; earlier in the race the Funsters had been leading.

The total is now $12,400, an advance of $2,000 beyond last week's total, and House Committee leaders hope to quintuple the original quota of $1,000 per House. Lowell House claims 90 per cent participation and Adams 87 per cent. The House with the highest percentage of participation will be awarded the Minute Man Flag by PBH vice-president Bertram A. Knight tomorrow night after today's returns have been tabulated. The Master of the winning House will attend the presentation dinner.

The participation in this Fourth War Loan Drive has far exceeded that of the Third War Loan Drive last summer. The quota at that time was only $2,000 for the College, and was topped by nearly 50 per cent. Called the most successful drive in the University's history at that time, it netted $2,951.