VARSITY NINE ATTRACTS 45

Preliminary Schedule Shows Tilts With Brown, Andover

Forty-five men, of whom about 39 wore V-12 uniforms, responded Wednesday afternoon to Coach Floyd Stahl's call for baseball candidates. Following the meeting, the Harvard Athletic Association released a preliminary schedule listing games with Brown and Andover.

Practice for battery men will be held every day in a basketball court on the newly asphalt-covered Briggs cage, and the entire squad will receive indoctrination in the wiles of Harvard baseball Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 5 o'clock.

The schedule as it now stands presents a barren list of dates, with Andover scheduled on May 13, and a home-and home pair with Brown for May 20 and July 15. Service games are being sought, and arrangements with local colleges will be made.

15 Battery Men

Nine pitchers and six catchers were among the throng at the Conference Room Wednesday. None of the hurlers seem to have had any Harvard experience, but the catchers will be led by Bill Harding, veteran of last year's summer team.

The infield features "Slats" Slattery and Bill Lutz, while outfield veterans include Sherm Clark and George Boston. The size of the squad will be reduced later when the intramural teams begin to peel off the informal Varsity.

Assisting Floyd Stahl in the job of whipping the green group into baseball shape will be intramural chief Adolph Samboski.