NAVY SUPPLY CORPS SCHOOL

A Boaver's Tale

By Mids E. T. long

This week we put in our preference lists of billets, which presented quite a problem. One of our classmates was undecided between requesting U. S. shore duty or a destroyer. We finally agreed to put it to a coin-fipping test, heads for shore duty, tails for destroyer. It took him four flips before heads came up! Another one of our friends requested destroyer duty and felt happy about it until he saw that picture of a pitching lincan at Potter this week. He's been scasick ever since.

The following squib is supposed to be the straight dope, even though it comes from the Chicago Tribune. "Only last Saturday night, recalled the witness, he saw '100 semi-officers of the Navy' eating at Barney's. He later identified the semi officers' as onsigns." Leave us be discreet, Duffy!

One of the wits in the battalion is working on a treatise entitled, "Mistaken identify, or the Greyhound drivers get shoulder boards," but any similarity between this literary effort and a current Alnav is to be denied.

"Tis rumored that the faculty officers are organizing a softball team for entrance in the a forming NSCS league. Here, fellow seniors, is our chance to get even for that 11 page three hour exam of last week. Speaking of that quiz, the axe fell on every class but Jig, the latter landing more men on the "P" list than all the rest of the classes combined. Most of the perennial "P" listers are back with the boys again.