ARMY P-1's CORNER

By E. MORGAN Vigneron

With the appearance of warm weather, the future "medicos" of Company A find their task (which we feel is the toughest to be found around Harvard) made more difficult. It is not unusual to catch a dreamy "G.L." staring out some lab window, at the lazy, sunlit street below. Spring is the season when sweet laughter is wafted up to McKinlock Hall from the grassy banks of the Charles by the evening breezes. Ignore it, soldier, there is a Zoology book for you to pound your brains upon.

Not every night of our lives is spent upon the books as several instructors noticed one morning last week. A good part of the platoon had a taste of beer and spaghetti (with meat balls) at a little party for which we owe thanks to the Lieutenant who obligingly forgot, for the night, our performances at past inspections. We doubt whether the Navy can show us a man who can hold a candle to "Turk" as far as "chug-a-lugging" is concerned.

Our neighbors, the reservists, became real soldiers last week with an issue of uniforms in the accepted style. As a result, there is an unmistakable lift in their morale. Must be those new shoes!

We now have another married man in the Platoon. Best wishes to you Wiarda. ... Despite Delia's red car and its reputation, he and Sevy finally managed to get dates last Saturday. You lucky girls.