ARMY P-1's CORNER

Except for the non-swimmers who are still non-swimming, we are now exercising out on the grass and cinders about Soldiers Field. The gym is a fine building, but it lacks sunlight and grass, two things we who have done our basic in sandy camps or bivouacked in rainy weather appreciate greatly.

The gym feels too much like the inside of a man o' war to put a soldier at his ease. So many sailors got their experience there that even the instructors talk like old tars. We have been told to line up against the bulkhead, go up to the next deck, and see the chief. Yes, they even call them "heads" there.

Several of us spent last Saturday afternoon in a typically Harvard manner. We went sculling on the Charles until the hands and backs became too sore. Sunday was spent on the water by a couple of other men. As part of the Harvard Outing Club, this group went canoeing on the Sudbury River with some husky gals from Simmons. A fine sunburn was acquired.

In our last. lab period we graduated from frogs to still-warm rats. Working on something which catches colds and looks somewhat like ourselves inside makes us feel much nearer to medicine and our goal. The latest contest, however didn't make that goal seem very close. Some of those solutions you've spilled in the quant lab are quite potent, aren't they, Waller? Or don't you like legs on your trousers in the springtime