STAHL NINE DROPS MID-WEEK GAME, 6-3, TO COAST GUARD

New Hampshire at Durham Will Test Varsity Tomorrow

Harvards three-game winning streak, came to an untimely end Wednesday, when the Stahlmen were defeated by a more experienced team from the District Coast Guard Office of Boston. The score of the game, which took place at Soldiers Field, was 6 to 3.

Tomorrow the Varsity will travel up to Durham, New Hampshire, to play the University of New Hampshire. The game was transferred from Soldiers Field to Durham because of the fact that Commencement exercises are being held there. Jack Wallace will again take the mound for the Crimson, with the usual lineup backing him up. New Hampshire, incidentally, was beaten last Saturday by Northeastern, whom we had previously whipped by a score of 9 to 5.

At the same time, Chief Crash Davis will field his B team against an invading squad from the Boston Marine Base. Sid Greeley, who last week shut out an ASTP team here with one hit, will probably start for the B team. This game will take place on the man diamond at Soldiers Field at 3:15 o'clock.

In Wednesday's game, pitcher Jack Wallace started for the Crimson, as usual. Jack Wallace started for the Crimson. After yielding two runs in the first inning, he then settled down to pitch six innings of hitless ball. Coach Stahl removed him in the seventh inning, however, in removed him in the seventh inning in order to rest his arm for tomorrow's game with New Hampshire.

Southpaw Greeley, who had been pitching for the B team, relieved Wallace. He yielded four runs, including a towering home run in a wild eighth inning, but finished the game with no further damage.

Going into the last half of the ninth trailing by five runs, the Crimson men promptly loaded the bases. Hugo Francke, pinch-hitting for Sid Greeley, then struck out. Finally two runs were scored, but they were not enough to pull the game out of the fire.

Heaviest hitter for the Crimson nine was right fielder Sherm Clark, with a double and a single. Jack Wallace helped his own cause along with a long triple. Second-baseman Belanger of the Coast Guard, who played pro ball for several years, was the heavy hitter of the day, with a triple and a home run in three turns to the plate. Wallace struck out four men, while Greeley fanned one. Foti, the Coast Guard pitcher, racked up three strikeouts.

The fielding on both sides was good throughout, contrasting sharply with the two previous games played by the Crimson. The Stahlmen pulled off three double plays, while the Coast Guard worked one. Each team committed only one error.

The summary:

HARVARD  ab  r  h  po  eClark, rf  5  0  2  3  0Slattery, 1b  3  0  0  9  1Chapple, 2b  4  0  1  9  0Boston, cf  3  0  0  2  0Lutz, 3b  3  0  0  0  0Harding, c  4  1  1  4  0Conlon, lf  3  1  1  0  0Falsey, ss  4  0  1  0  0Wallace, p  1  1  1  0  0*Williams  1  0  0  0  0Greeley, p  0  0  0  0  0**Francke  1  0  0  0  0  --  --  --  --  --  32  3  7  27