CRIMSON TIES CAMP EDWARDS, 5-5 FINISHING SPRING TERM'S BASEBALL

Game Rained Out at End of 11th Inning

At long last the rains came, just in time to wash out the tail end of a tied-up ball game between Harvard and Camp Edwards Saturday. The score of the game, which was played at Falmouth, was knotted at five-all at the end of the 11th inning when rain and darkness conspired to bring the proceedings to a halt.

On the mound once again for the Crimson's final game this term was stalwart Jack Wallace, in his usual fine form. He struck out nine men, walking only one. Six Stahlmen were struck out by Goforth, the Edwards moundsman. Eight of the soldiers reached base on hits; Harvard, likewise, collected eight safeties.

Wallace and centerfielder George Boston were the heavy hitters for the Crimson, each with two hits. Wallace helped his own cause along with a long double to left field. Third baseman Siple collected two singles for Camp Edwards.

Rain Disconcerts

A continual drizzle throughout the game apparently had a very disconcerting effect upon the players of both teams, for the entire fray was marred by errors. Going into the last half of the ninth, Harvard held a one-run lead, but several Crimson errors combined to produce a two-out rally which brought the soldiers back into the ball game.

First baseman R. Basil Slattery and third baseman Bill Lutz each played their last game for the Crimson Saturday, for the duration at any rate. "The Baz" is a veteran of last year's Varsity, while Lutz broke into the lineup this year. Both are headed for the Midshipmen's School at Columbia University. Apart from these two losses, the nine is expected to remain intact for the summer season.

Chief Crash Davis' B team was scheduled to play an invading squad from Worcester Polytechnic Institute at Soldiers Field Saturday, but stormy weather wiped the game off the schedule.

The summary: HARVARD   ab  r  h  po  a  e Clark, rf  5  0  0  2  0  0 Slattery, 1b  2  1  1  12  1  3 Chapple, 2b  5  1  1  3  5  0 Boston, cf  5  2  1  0  0  0 Lutz, 3b  4  0  0  2  2  0 Harding, c  5  1  0  10  2  0 Conlon, lf  5  1  1  1  0  1 Falsey, ss  4  0  1  2  3  1 Wallace, p  5  2  0  0  3  1   --  -  -  --  --  - Totals  40  8  5  33  16  6

Camp Edwards  020  002  001  00--5 Harvard  110  001  101  00--5