HLU to Hold Opening Discussions Tomorrow

Professor Magoun of M.I.T. To Cover Human Relations

"Liberalism and Modern Society" will be the theme of a new series of forums to be conducted this term by the Harvard Liberal Union and the Radcliffe League for Democracy. The first of these, featuring Alexander F. Magoun '18, professor of Human Relations at M. I. T., will be held tomorrow night at 7:30 o'clock in the Adams House Upper Common Room. Professor Magoun will speak on "Liberalism and Human Relations."

This is the second term that the HLU ad RLD have held a series of forums on topics of current importance. Last term a series of five forums was conducted on the problem of "The Transition to Peace."

Hansen Featured First Forum

Alvin H. Hansen, professor of Economics, opened the series with his talk on "Scarcity or Abundance-the Problems of Full employment, Production, and consumption." The second forum featured Seymour E. Harris '20, associate professor of Economics, who spoke on "Government and Business."

Subsequent forums featured Joseph Salerno, chairman of the New England CIO Political Action Committee, who spoke on "The Aims of Organized Labor Now and in the Post-War World," and Gordon W. Allport '19, professor of Psychology, who treated the problem of "The Psychology of Peace." The final forum featured E. Merrick Dodd '10, professor of Law, and Merle Fainsod, associate professor of Government, who discussed the subject "political Reconversion."