OFFICERS OF ARMY AIR FORCE TO OCCUPY DUNSTER HOUSE

Eight Weeks' Stay to Commence Monday

Exactly one month after Dunster House was officially closed to civilians, 200 Army Air Force officers will arrive Monday to make it their home during eight weeks of study under the War Adjustment Program. The new school is directly under the command of Lt. Col. John F. Heflin of the Statistical School, but otherwise the two schools are entirely separate.

The War Department announced in Washington on July 20 that a total of 700 officers, 200 arriving on July 31, 200 on September 30, and 300 on November 30, are to study contract termination, contract auditing, and property disposal at Harvard. Of those arriving next Monday approximately one-half are field officers, the remainder lieutenants and captains.

At their first classes, on August 1 the new officers will find that their teachers, all of whom are on the Business School Faculty, are the civilian members of the 3537 AAF Base Unit. To replace these men, seven graduates of the Harvard Statistical School have been recalled, some from active duty. The new instructors, all of the Army Air forces, are: Maj. Jackson W. Lord; Capts. Phillip Bahrman, Murray D. Dessel, and Harris H. Hanson; First Lt. J.R. Jullien; Second Lts. William L. Beaver, Robert L. Hooper, and Abraham M. Zibit.

Although the Stat School has always given two courses, one of five to eight weeks for officer candidates who receive a commission on graduation day, and another of three weeks duration for officers who just receive new assignments on being graduated, the War Adjustment Program has sent no enlisted men to Harvard.

Army Dorms Changed

Gradually the Army trainees on the other side of the river are moving closer to Harvard though they continue to attend classes at the Business School. The 32 men who arrived at Mather Hall last July 10 will move into Dunster simultaneously with the new group. One hundred and twenty Stat School trainees coming to Harvard on August 12 also are destined for Dunster House instead of Mellon Hall.