CINDERMEN WILL START PRACTICE THIS MONDAY

'Guadalcanal Terror' Highlights Training

Varsity track will resume activity Monday afternoon with the first regular practice of the summer term. Practice and maining will be held every afternoon all through the summer, and will include such workouts as rope climbing, relays, dashes, and featuring the "Guadalcanal Terror." the longhest obstacle course this side of a Mem Hall registration.

Anybody who possesses two legs and a reasonable facsimile of a second wind, therefore will he welcomed. All V-12 and NROTC men, new and old, are eligible, as well as all civilians. V-12 men are reminded that they are allowed to take track four times a week instead of taking boxing and wrestling for PT credits. Those who cannot make it four times a week are asked to come as often as they can. Summer training will prepare the team for several track and cross-country meets which have already been scheduled for early September.

Graduation, transfers, and greetings from the President have bil the team, but without disastrous effect. The chief losses include Wally Chubb, quartermiler. who graduated last month, and John Kent, half-miler, who is now in boot training.

The losses are compensated somewhat by the acquisition of some very promising new material. A newcomer to the Harvard V-12 unit, but nevertheless an eligible man for competition this summer is Bill Murray, champion javelin thrower from Holy Cross. Also in the V-12 is Walter Harwood, a pole vaulter from Phillips Exeter Academy.

Backing up the newcomers is a nucleus from last term's squad, including Captain Mark Tuttle. crack miler from the NROTC, V-12cr Earl Swett, who runs the two-mile distance, civilians Glenn Schultz and Frank Cawley, both of whom do the 440, V-12cr Jack Noble, a half-miler, and versatile Cliff Wharton, who handles the broad jump, high jump, and 440.