Crimson Nine Defeats Malden; Faces Marine Squad Tomorrow

Portsmouth Travels Here for Return Tilt

Two games, one with the Portsmouth Marine Detachment here tomorrow and another encounter with Holy Cross here on Saturday, will give Coach Stahl's baseball Varsity a chance to avenge a pair of one-run defeats.

Three unearned markers in the sixth inning gave Portsmouth a 6 to 5 win over Harvard three Saturdays ago at the winner's field. It was the Crimson's second loss of the summer season. The losing streak which Portsmouth started was brought to three by Holy Cross as the Crusaders received seven unearned runs to nullify by a 7 to 6 score a neat pitching job by ace Jack Wallace.

The Stahlmen have a term record of five wins and four losses to date. With the season drawing to a close, the outcome of these two tilts may decide whether the nine will finish above the .500 mark. The club has had several additions from Crash Davis' B team, strengthening the sagging infield defenses.

It was sloppy fielding which caused the loss of both of these encounters, and offset the superlative pitching jobs of Jack Wallace, but Stahl's ace contributed three errors himself, all on tricky grounders to the mound.