B, C Win in Intramurals

Company D Beaten By Two V-12 Squads

With the advent of good weather again the intramural baseball league covered some ground in the past few days, showing its first sign of life since the beginning of the competition almost three-weeks ago. During the past three days five games have been played and the results portend a good close race, as was the case when Company C won the soft ball pennant.

Tuesday saw Company B shellack normally good Company D team, 9 to 2 Bill Fleming turned in the victory for B. The other game on Tuesday resulted in a 5 to 4 win by the NROTC over Adams. The victors jumped to a four run lead is the first inning due mostly to shoddy play by the Gold Coasters and were never headed after that. The game went only six innings. On Wednesday Company C kept up the good work by nosing out D in a well-played game by the score of 4 to 3. Ash Carter turned the win in for his mates who beat Bill O'Neill, former Cleveland Indian farmhand.

Yesterday Company A won a ball game as it trounced E, 8 to 3. Standings are not available at the present time but will be published as soon as they are tabulated. The schedule is to run only through September 1, and it is believed now, unofficially, that Companies B and C are near, if not on, the top rung.

This afternoon Companies C and D are scheduled to meet, while Lowell House will play Adams in an unofficial game. Lowell won the first game of this longstanding rivalry last week and will seek to make it two in a row tomorrow afternoon. On Monday Adams will tackle Company A to see if it can win a ball game, while B will clash with the NROTC