Harriers Will Engage Three Nearby Teams

To Face Worcester, Tufts, Tech in Fall

With the 1944 Crimson harriers fast rounding into condition, cross country coach Jaako Mikkola announced yesterday this fall's Varsity schedule. Meets will be held with Worcester Tech at Harvard, September 16; Tufts at Harvard, September 30; and M.I.T. at Harvard, October 7.

In preparation for the first race, only three weeks away, Mikkola is molding his team into top shape with strenuous distance and speed workouts. Although at present he considers this year's squad not so good as the 1943 outfit, he states that "We have some new fellows and I hope that they can come along pretty well."

Tuttie Will Lead Team

Ace of the 1944 squad of 20 men is smooth-striding Mark Tuttie of the NROTC. Brother of "Pen" Tuttle, who led the undefeated 1939 Crimson harriers to a heptagonal title, Mark will captain this year's team. Bob Caploe, of the V-12, is manager.

At the same time that the schedule was being announced, it was learned that Freshman Sid Correll had suffered an ankle injury which may put him out of action for two weeks. Loss of Correll would seriously handicap the team's chances.