Company C, Bellboys in First Place Tie As Intramural Basketball Draws to Close

House Quintets Face New Game Schedule

Company C and Lowell House are locked in a tie for first place as the Intramural Basketball League tournament winds up the last of its scheduled games this week. The NROTC F-G squad, with one game yet to play, is only a half game behind the winners.

Paul Haskell of Lowell is now the League's top-scorer with a total of 87 points, while Bill Jones of Company C, and Fred Donahoe from Lowell run second and third with 59 and 58 points scored, respectively. Wally Baker, a Standish man, holds fourth place, having piled up a total of 54, and Don Schacht of F-G is fifth, with 52 points so far.

Company C handed Lowell a defeat Tuesday, 27 to 22, chilling the Bellboys' hopes of uncontested League domination. Bob Zimmerman, John Love, and Jones paced the V-12 quintet in a tight game during which Paul Haskell of Lowell was field to two field goals.

Lowell Slaps Gold Coasters

The Bellboys snapped back Wednesday evening to conquer an outclassed Adams five, 30 to 8. Lowell rolled up 20 quick points in the first period before the Gold Coasters could score, Shaw Livermore accounting for Adams' four baskets.

Yesterday afternoon Companies F-G beat the H-I team, 44 to 22 in a fast, high-scoring struggle. Schacht set the pace, making 16 points for F-G, while Chuck Leemand and Dick Clapp boosted the F-G total by 14. John McGrath, Don Geeson, and Clarence Barker were outstanding H-I players.

Companies F-G face Company A in the last scheduled game of the tournament this afternoon. There will be a playoff of any final tie for first place.

In the opinion of the Intramural basketball director, Adolph Samborski, this tournament has been "one of the best yet." Samborski plans to begin another such contest soon, and to continue intramural basketball into next term and until outdoor spring athletics begin.

The standings: Team  Won  Lost Lowell  6  2 Company C  6  2 Companies F-G  5  2 Adams  5  3 Company D  4  4 Companies H-I  4  4 Standish  4  4 Company A  1  6 Company B  0  8