Mass Rally to Clear Problems on Report

Buck, Wright Prepare To Defend Proposals

Dean Buck and Benjamin F. Wright, professor of Government, will be among the speakers at a mass meeting on the General Education Report to be held at Paine Hall in the Music Building on the evening of November 20.

Though the substance of the General Education proposals has already been passed upon by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, there remain many problems of putting the program into effect. Moreover, the specific item of the curtailment of the tutorial system has yet to be decided. These questions will be the theme of the mass meeting, which will culminate the efforts of the Administrative Board and the Undergraduate Organizational Committee to put the Report before the student body.

Report to Be Circulated

In addition to this meeting, the Student Council is now publishing a copy of the Alumni Bulletin's precis of the Report, together with a summary of commentaries on the proposals. These will be ready for distribution by the Organizational Committee in about two weeks.

Levis H. Campbell III '48, newly-elected chairman of the undergraduate committee, declared yesterday that "the Administrative Board's response to our appeal for student consultation has been most encouraging. It now remains for the students to show that they are interested enough in the academic future of the College to respond to the Faculty's offer of cooperation."