Early Risers Hear 75th Swing Show

Network Beams Dawn Jazz On 'Reveille in Swingtime'

Tomorrow morning's "Reveille in Swingtime" will be the seventy-fifth edition of the Crimson Network's early morning show beamed Monday through Saturday at Eliot House and V-12, Designed to replace the not-too-popular farm hour, the program presents swing and jazz interspersed with ad lib quips from reveille until the last scheduled breakfast formation.

Inaugurated at the 'beginning of last term to make the University's early risers' morning hours more bearable, the program is completely ad lib. As two of its more active workers say, "Nothing is written out or planned more than a minute and a half in advance. All this results in a certain informality."

The good will produced by the show is evident in" . . . the University decision to demolish Shepherd Hall. More formality is expected when the Network begins broadcasting from the curb."

Although the show is designed for the Navy primarily, civilian early risers and military personnel in the other College Houses may hear the program. Broadcast time is now from 0640 to 0720. Philip M. Stern '47 and Charles A. Shaw '46, both of V-12, act as announcer and engineer.