TEACHERS' MEETING TO FEATURE TALKS ON DEMOCRACY IN-POST-WAR PERIOD

Carl J. Friedrich to Speak On Pattern of Government

Carl J. Friedrich, professor of Government and head of the Civil Affairs Training School, will lecture on "The Changing Pattern of Government" in one of 17 individual meetings held today and tomorrow at the 54th annual meeting of the Harvard Teachers' Association in Cambridge. This meeting marks the fourth gathering since the beginning of the war.

In addition to Professor Friedrich, the speakers at this meeting, which will be attended by more than 300 New England college and school teachers, include: George F. Zook, President of the American Council on Education, talking on "The Role of the Federal Government in Education"; Lt. Colonel Herbert G. Espy of the Army's Education Branch, talking on war veterans; Professor Hugh W. Babb of Boston University on the Russian experiment in government; Margaret Mead, Executive Secretary, National Research Council, on intercultural understanding.

Other topics will include reconstruction of schools for democracy; supervisory practices; teaching of modern languages; war veteran problems; audio-visual education; educational administration; progressive education in elementary grades; citizenship training; and inter-group education.