May 26 Tentative Date Selected for '48 Spring Jubilee

Spring Formal Will Be Open To V-12, NROTC, Civilians

Open to all civilian and Navy undergraduates in the College, the Class of 1948 Spring Jubilee will come on May 26, midway between cumulative grades and final exams, it was decided last night at a '48 Class Committee meeting.

With orchestra contracts as yet unsigned, plans are not yet final, but it has been voted to limit the attendance to 300 couples, with dress optional between summer and winter formal. Limited to a $500 orchestra ceiling, the committee is still looking for the right group and may have to switch the date of the dance to May 19 if orchestra contracts so require.

This year's setting for the Jubilee will be Kirkland House, where dancing will last from 7:45 o'clock to midnight. The orchestra will be in either the dining room or common room and both rooms will be used for dancing. There will also be dancing outside on the terrace, and refreshment tables will be placed in the courtyard.

The Jubilee Committee includes Arthur C. McGill, chairman; Thorvald S. Ross, vice-chairman; Frederick F. Lamont, chairman of finances; and Thomas A. Fennell, Jr., publicity chairman.