Fox Leaves University for State Department Position

Dean Was Assistant In Veterans' Bureau

Edward W. Fox '35, assistant dean of the College, will leave the University this weekend to take up a post in Washington with the State Department, where he has been offered a position as political analyst in the Secretariat.

Fox's new duties as political analyst will include providing a background in European history which the Secretariat will use in its preparation of material for the daily staff meetings of Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinius.

Was Vice-Counsellor of Veterans

Since December, Fox has spent almost his entire time assisting Payson. S Wild '30, associate professor of Government, associate dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and noting counsellor for veterans, as assistant counsellor in the newly-founded office. He will be replaced by Wilbur J. Bender, '27, now at Andover Academy, when the veterans' aid department is revamped in July.

As assistant dean of the College, a post which he has held since April, 1942, Fox's duties led him to do most of his work in the Freshman Dean's office. Fox also spent a great deal of time with the School for Overseas Administration a year ago.