HDC and Idler End Casting For Shakespeare Comedy

Presentation to Be Given May 24 to 26

With all casting for "Much Ado About Nothing" completed, the Harvard Dramatic Club and the Radcliffe Idler have now started regular rehearsals for the performances which they will give on May 24, 25, and 26 in Sanders Theatre.

Robert E. Miller '48 as Benedick, and Henry P. Robbins '48 as Claudio have been assigned the leading roles; they will play opposite Miss Eustacia Purves, Radcliffe '48, as Beatrice, and Miss Claire Gilman, Radcliffe '48, as Hero. Robert Lubchansky '48 takes the role of Leonato and Robert Girvin '48 will play Dogberry.

The comedy, which is being presented under the direction of Mrs. Mark De Wolfe Howe, Jr., with the assistance of Francis O. Matthiessen, professor of History and Literature, and Theodore Spencer, associate professor of English, will mark the first time since 1927 that the groups have collaborated on a Shakespearean work. In presenting "Much Ado About Nothing," they will be presenting a Shakespearean play which, though popular, is rarely presented in the United States.

The technical staff consists of: Robert C. Kingston '48, production manager; Gerald Maslon 1L, scene designer; and Miss Lynn Baker, Radcliffe '46 and Miss Joan May, Rodcliffe '47, costume designers.