Trackmen Tumble Exeter by 64-35

Bill Jenkins Takes 15 points To Spark Year's First Win

Sweeping through their third meet of the year, Harvard's trackmen took every first place but one to overpower Exeter Saturday, 64 to 35, and return home with their first victory of the spring season.

Bill Jenkins, newly elected co-captain led the individual scorers by nailing three first places for 15 points. Pete Robbins, the other captain, and Bob Clark followed with ten points each to give the trio 7 of the 11 events. With Jenkins taking the 120 and 220 yard hurdles and high jump. Robbins the half mile and mile, and Clark the 100 and 200 yard dashes, only the discus, javelin, and vault were left to be won by Phil Swayer, Dave Matson, and Pete Harwood.

To Face Milton Saturday

Following his first victory, Coach Jaakko Mikkola will lead his squad to Milton Academy Saturday in an attempt to cop his second. In their third straight out of town meet against a prep school team, the trackmen with a record behind them of one win, one loss, and one tie, stand a good chance of coming out on the winning end in Saturday's meet.

Compared to Exeter and a powerful Andover team, Milton, smaller and less experienced, should provide weaker opposition than anything encountered so far this year. Following Saturday's event, the Mikkolamen will go into intensive training for the last and biggest meet of the year.

Although weaker than Tech, by whom they were defeated Saturday 1O3 1/2 to 31 1/2, Tufts, combined with Brown, will make the meet here on Saturday, May 19, the biggest track event of the season. Although Tufts defeated the Mikkolamen last year by a 50 to 20 margin, their showing this year against Tech shows that they should provide fairly even competition this year.