439 Enroll in College For 9-Week Summer

924 University Total Includes 99 Veterans

Pre-Registration enrollment estimates were proved conservative by final figures released through Dean Kennedy's office yesterday. Of a predicted 350 new Freshmen registering last Friday, 346 turned up, but an increase of from nine to 19 second term Freshmen and upperclassmen over an estimated 70 to 80 boosted the total figure.

Total enrollment for the College in the summer term that began Monday and will end September 8 is 430, including 46 veterans. Tabulated by class, the enrollment is broken down as follows.

New Freshmen: 346

Second-term Freshmen: 43

Sophomores: 32

Juniors: 8

Seciors: 3

Out -of-course: 7

Though several graduate schools (Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering,) will have no summer sessions this year, those schools that do bring the University civilian total up to 924, with 99 veterans included.

Med School Leads

At the Medical School, whose term began July 2 and continues to March 30, there will be 89 civilians, 12 of them veterans, in addition to 147 Army and 159 Navy students. Other graduate schools, which still operate as such, have purely civilian enrollment.

Runner-up to the Med School in graduate enrollment this summer is the School of Education, swelled by secondary school teachers, who are taking their summer vacations, to a figure of 262, nine of whom are veterans.

There men, none of them veterans, are attending the School of Public Health, 17, including four veterans, are at the School of Design; 36, two of them veterans, are taking courses in preparation for graduate degrees in Teaching.

The Divinity School claims only four students, all veterans. Twenty-one of the 58 Law School students are ex-servicemen. Fourteen men are listed as members of the Society of Fellows and these, together with one Nieman Fellow and one special student, a veterans, bring the University total to 924.

Only the College and the School of Design began their terms this week. The Law School, the School of Education, the Medical School, and the Dental School began terms on July 2 that will run until September 13 August 11, March 30, and March 30, respectively.