Varsity Sports Schedule Shaping Up; Athletic Program Under Way

Track, Crew Started; Tennis, Football Soon

Baseball is the only Varsity sport that has already had its summer schedule drawn up, but several other activities are now under way and may list intercollegiate contests soon, while others may start later in the summer.

Coach Jaakko Mikkola already has his track and field team working out on the Soldiers Field track, and is calling for new men to come down any afternoon to try out. One meet, an invitation meet, has already been tentatively scheduled the middle of August, and others will folfor the middle of August, and others will follow soon. Cross country practice will begin in a few weeks.

Of the few Varsity cindermen who are back this summer, several will be lost shortly to the football team, which will start practice early in August when Coach Harlow returns to Harvard. They will return to the track team later, in time for the indoor track season, Coach Mikkola hopes.

Gil Dodds Here

One special added attraction is included in the summer's track outlook in the person of Gil Dodds, famed miler, who is pursuing his divinity studies at the Graduate School of Education here. Although he cannot compete for Harvard, he has been working out at Soldiers Field, and it is hope that he may later be induced to run in an invitation race here.

Tennis coach Arthur Douropulos is working with Navy Chief Rynne, who is conducting tennis classes in the afternoons at the Business School courts.

The same is true also of soccer and lacrosse, both of which are holding practice at Soldiers Field, and of crew; Coach Bert Haines is already working new crews out of Weld Boat House