Four House Elevens To Clash on Football Field This Afternoon

Fresh from a 12 to 0 victory over the Adams Gold Coasters, Eliot will tackle Winthrop this afternoon at 3:15 o'clock in the Puritans' debut on the House football stage. In the other contest today, Lowell, tied in a practice game by the Yard grid eleven, will meet the once-defeated Leverett Bunnies.

A consistent ground attack coupled with dependable passes from the arm of Len Williams makes the mastodons a formidable opponent for a Winthrop squad while was forced to postpone its first game because of a change in coaches.

Stress Offense

Both Lowell and Leverett have had the chance to brush up on their offensives, which appeared potentially strong but actually ineffective. The Bunnies must concentrate on developing a scoring punch, which was woefully lacking in their initial contest with Dudley. Although losing 6 to 0, the Leverttmen rolled up 18 first downs to their opponents' three.

The Bellboys, on the other hand, showed a couple of versatile backs in Loring Briggs and Billy Ayres; but for every one play in which they clicked, there were two in which they were stopped.