Feinberg, Gannon Shine in Pre-Crusader Scrimmaging

Cleo O'Donnell a Participant In Workout for First Time Since Injury in Tufts Tilt

By Irvin M. Horowitz

Coach Dick Harlow's daily battle with Father Time became an even more intense struggle yesterday, as the Crimson Varsity coach continued full-scale preparations for the Holy Cross contest Saturday.

The usual miscellany of mid-week practice pass defense, defense against Crusader plays, pass offense, a signal drill, plus a scrimmage which pitted the "A" eleven against a Jayvee squad--was on the daily menu, and the shortening hours of daylight will make that schedule a more difficult program to squeeze in with every passing day.

Captain Cleo O'Donnell was a fulltime practice participant yesterday for the first time since the injury he sustained in the first period of the Tufts game. Cleo alternated with Leo Flynn in the "B" team backfield, but did not scrimmage.

Jack Fisher ran through all but the scrimmage with the first team. Chuck Gylnn replaced him for the contact workout, which featured the work of Jim Feinberg in the line and Chip Gannon among the ball carriers. Emil Drvaric sat out the scrimmage and Walt Coulson had a laboratory, but the rest of the Varsity first stringers were in action against the Jayvees.

The only change in the "A" team lineup was the elevation of Frank Miklos to quarterback, but the battle for that spot is still not decided, and Henry Goethals may answer the opening whistle against Holy Cross. Another indefinite post is that of left guard, with Nick Rodis, Bob Drennan and Sid Smith in the running for first team status.

Cleo seemed to have lost none of his old time skill in the weeks of his absence. He was snatching Leo Flynn's accurate passes from every conceivable angle in the passing drill, and running hard in the signal session.

the scrimmaging team yesterday was as follows: le, Hauptfuhrer; lt. Dewey; lg, Rodis; c, Glynn; rg, Feinberg; rt, Davis; re, Florentino; qb, Miklos, rbb, Gannon lhb, Petrillo; fb, Moravec.