HDC Announces Cast For November Show, "Adam the Creator"

HDC last night announced the names of leading cast members for its production of Adam the Creator, which will be shown in Sanders Theatre the week of November 11. In the title role, playing the dissatisfied man who destroys and then tries to re-create the world, is Theodore Allegretti '47 of Eliot House. Allegretti also played the title role in HDC's "Playboy of the Western World." Sharing the spotlight, Robert Lubchansky '48, will play the part of Alter Ego, whom Adam creates with the hope of embodying in him all the things he would liked to have been himself.

Radcliffe, Simmons Lend Talent

The feminine half of the creation legend, Eve, will be played by Kaye Horan, Radcliffe '48, who last year wrote and directed a Christmas miracle play at Radcliffe. Contrary to biblical tale, this Eve turns out to be a fizzle in the play, so Adam creates a more romantic and lovable woman, played by Jane Burgwall of Simmons College '48. HDC explained that this is not intended as a slur on the amorous qualifications of Radcliffe girls in general, but merely a quirk of casting. The third woman in "Adam" is played by Eleanor Millard, Radcliffe '48, who has done much work for Idler.