Jayvee Eleven to Meet Tufts Team In Opener Today

Coach Chief Boston to Field Four Speedy Backs Against Junior Varsity opponents

Coach Chief Boston's Junior Varsity eleven gets its baptism of gridiron fire this afternoon at 3 o'clock, which the Crimson Jayvees face the Tufts Junior Varsity on Soldiers Field.

Since most of Boston's time thus far in practice has been devoted to selection of players for the first-string, the Jayvee coach expects that his squad may look a bit ragged today because of the short time that his gridders have been working together.

Plan Fast Backfield

The Jayvees plan to field a swift back field for their first engagement. Its members include quarterback Bucky Harrison, one of the best place-kickers on the entire squad, tailback Dave Farrell, tailback tom Wilson, and fullback Alex Grant.

On the line, Boston will start Bill Fitz and A1 Fuller at ends, Jim Robinson and Bill Middendorf at the tackles, Bill Byrnes and Frank Troidl at guards, and Bill Loring at center.

The Tufts team, not unlike its big brother Varsity version, is something of an unknown quantity, but it is expected that their attack will run from single and double-wing formations in a preview of what the Crimson Varsity can expect tomorrow.