Cheer Leaders and Students Hail Gridmen as Coaches Predict Win

A couple of thousand of tomorrow's football fans and a couples of hundred camp followers and urchins followed the University brass band and the nine University cheerleaders around the narrow lanes of Cambridge by the Charles last night and yelled themselves hoarse in a tribute to the football team which goes into action at 2:30 o'clock against Tufts.

The torchbearing procession, about three times as large as any of last fall's variety, almost looked like a pre-war affair when it finally arrived at the steps of the Indoor Athletic Building to hear the speeches and run through five new fight cheers which five of the band's trumpeters have been practicing all week. The veteran cheerers, the interested spectators, and the confused freshmen, all were there to give the big Crimson squad a rousing send-off.

Said Coach Harlow amid the cheers of the crowd: "This Tuft's team is bigger than we are, heavier than we are, but these kids will be in there fighting all the way." Backfield Coach Hank Margarita then took over the program and introduced the members of the team who came out one by one and agreed unanimously that tomorrow's game would end in a victory for the Crimson.

The rally took on an educational aspect when the cheer leaders introduced a new skyrocket cheer and a new locomotive yell, but the receptive audience had them completely mastered on the second time through. Then the band and the crowd collaborated to make the traditional football songs echo to the Square and the Yard.

Coach Henry Lamar ended in all with a fighting prophecy when he said: "You've never been ashamed of a Harvard team yet, and by God You're not going to be ashamed of this one."