Soccer Team Primed for Eli Clash; J.V. Gridmen Face Bulldogs Today

Both Soccer Squads will Start Game for Big Three Crown In Good Physical Condition

Sporting identical season records and almost identical comparative records, the Varsity soccer team and the aquamarine booters from Yale will battle this afternoon at 2 o'clock on the Business School Field for the Big Three soccer championship. Each team has a record of two wins, three ties and three losses and each has come out with exactly the same result in games with Brown, Princeton, and Dartmouth. The Elis beat the Huskies from Connecticut, however, while the Crimson lost to them.

Although the experts rate the game as a toss-up, Coach James MacDonald refuses to be drawn into any predictions as to the outcome. "These traditional contests never follow the logical forecasting rules," Mac said yesterday. "Past season records often mean next to nothing." HARVARD    YALE Harshman  g  Symington Purinton  rfb  Laurent, Capt. Merck  lfb  Keating Mavor  rhb  Rabinowitz Ogden  chb  Andrews Blanco, Capt.  lhb  Hilllard Smith or Cate  orf  Fergusson Morse  lrf  Buchanan Potter  cf  Ford Lazarus  lif  Hawley Corrigan  olf  McKenney

After holding long scrimmages on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Mac held only a short kicking drill yesterday and excused the team early apparently satisfied that all is ready. The Crimson goes into its seasonal finale in reasonably good physical shape, although neither of the contenders for the right wing slot, Jocko Smith and Curtis Cate, are in top shape and fullback Dick Forster is out with a broken ankle.

Hampered by injuries all year long, the Bulldogs will be in top form for about the first time this year when they line up today.