Financial Success Features Dances Held in Weekend

Dance committee chairmen were still recuperating last night, but on the basis of incomplete returns the two formal dances of Friday eve and the six of Saturday night were all both social and financial successes. Over 600 couples attended the formals at Winthrop and Eliot on Friday while 2100 jammed the post-game formals.

Main problem of Saturday night was in handling the large amount of drifting from one dance to another. "We expected the dances to be much more stable than they were," said one House dance committee chairman last night. "Where-as the ticket-takers could not admit any more couples at Lowell several times during the evening, at the Union the crowd never got much over two-thirds of the fire law capacity."

Official tabulation of the profits will not be completed until the end of the week, but estimates were that each dance had made about $300. In accordance with plans drawn up in October by the Student Council Social Committee headed by Edus Warren '46, the total net profits will be pooled with each House getting an equal share. Warren emphasized that the profits were not abnormally large, since they are used to subsidize Spring dances which invariably lose money.