Yard Gridders Rally To Tie Kirkland, 7-7

Driving for a touchdown with only two minutes left to play, the Yard eleven came from behind to the Kirkland's unbeaten football team 7 to 7 yesterday in the only scheduled intramural battle. In the inter-House league this afternoon, Leverett will face Dunster.

Recovering a fumble on the Yardling 35-yard line in the second period, the Deacons advanced consistently to the 15 where Gilpatrick flipped a pass to Bob Snow, who made a sensational catch in the end zone. Bell converted.

With time rapidly running out in the last quarter, an alert yard-dweller pounced on a fumble on the Kirkland 24. Sparked by the running of Bob Zimmerman, the Yard team bulled its way to the six where the Deacon threw them back three successive times. On the last down, Zimmerman scooted around right end to score. With the game riding on the attempt for extra point, the Yardmen elected to pass and Ray Silver snatched Bob O'Keefe's aerial to tie it up.

Kirkland, with an unblemished record in the House league, sorely missed the running and passing of Jerry Glynn, who suffered a broken wrist in the Eliot Game last week and may be lost for the rest of the season.

In previous encounters this fall, the Yard squad took a close one from the Freshman seconds, 7 to 6, lost to Leverret, 12 to 6, and tied Lowell in its first game, 6 to 6.

Although the House football schedule has been shuffled to cut down the number of games played during hour exam weeks, Lowell will tangle with Eliot tomorrow and Adams with Dudley, as originally slated. HOUSE GRID STANDINGS Houses  Won  Lost  Tied Kirkland  4  0  0 Dunster  2  1  1 Eliot  2  1  1 Leverett  2  1  1 Lowell  2  2  0 Adams  1  2  1 Dudley  1  3  0 Winthrop  0  4  0