Board Nominates Ten for Student Conference Trip

College Will Select Three at Thursday Elections; A. Rice Named as Graduate Delegate

After interviewing 20 applicants for four hours last night, the four-man nominating board for the University delegation to the National Student Conference in Chicago emerged from the graduate secretary's office in Phillips Brooks House to announce the nomination of a 10-man slate and the appointment of Andrew Rice 1G, as the Graduate School delegate.

Facing the undergraduates on the election ballot at noon on Thursday will be: Richard G. Axt '46, Douglas Cater '46, Raymond Considine '48, Eugene A. Dinet, Jr. '44, Francis D. Fisher '47, Ray A. Goldberg '48, Leo S. Martinuzzi, Jr. '50, Joel A. Rotschild '47, James J. Sullivan '47, and Clifford R. Wharton, Jr. '47. Students will vote for three of the 10 nominees.

Following the meeting of the nominating board, which consisted of Thomas Matters '43, assistant dean of the College, Henry Lee '48, Gene B. Carpenter 3G, and Frederick Hoffman 3L, acting chairman Matters announced the criteria on which the board has based its selections.

"We tried to pick the men who had specific ideas of organization and action that the Student Conference would follow but had not closed their minds to other peoples' ideas."

In order to give the College some basis on which to vote the nominees will appear tonight on the Crimson Network from 9 to 9:30 o'clock in a round table discussion of the Conference's objectives.