HARVARD CRIMSON TO RETURN APRIL 9

Three years ago this term Harvard was a very different place; different in purpose, different in content, different in appearance. The spring that is now being unwound was then just being coiled, as the University prepared itself for what was to be a vital role in the nation's war effort.

In that atmosphere the familiar daily Crimson was an anachronism. Not only was there no need for it, but publication was impossible from a practical standpoint. Recognizing this fact the editors suspended the newspaper, and entrusted the task of supplying news coverage to the Crimson's protege: The Harvard Service News.

Now peace has brought with it the conditions which make the return of the Crimson possible as well as imperative. And so, on April 9, 1946, the paper will resume publication, providing' student opinion with an outlet once again, and re-establishing itself in the best traditions of college journalism.

It is with great pleasure that the editors of the Crimson make this announcement, and it is with great appreciation that they express their gratitude to those men who have worked on the Service News during the war years, maintaining so ably the tradition of an independent student newspaper at Harvard University.