BASKETEERS REPEAT OVER WPI WITH EASY 67 TO 44 VICTORY

Gray Continues High Scoring To Threaten Lavelli's Record

Apparently oblivious to the twin acid-test games with Quonset and Boston University this week, Coach Floyd Stahl's Varsity quintet coasted to its sixth straight victory Saturday evening when it smothered Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 67 to 44, in the losers' gym.

That the win was the thirteenth of the season, (as against one defeat), made no difference to the Crimson; led by Wyndol Gray with 24 points and Lou Decsi with 21, the Stahlmen had little trouble with the hapless Engineers. The game was a fairly exact duplicate of the first contest between the two teams ten days ago, which the Stahlmen took by a 68 to 47 margin.

Bad Moment in First Half

The only bad moment came midway in the first half, when left guard Saul Mariaschin went out of the game with a deep cut over his eye. As in the Yale game, however, he came right back in the second half to sew up what was left of the contest.

Gray's 24 points sent his season total up to a new high of 269. With four games yet to play, he should have little trouble topping Tony Lavelli's 15-game total of 320. His average of 19.2 points per game also puts him within hailing distance of Yale's Freshman ace, whose season average is 21.3 per contest.

Jayvees Triumph

Coach Al McCoy's Jayvee quintet emulated the Varsity's performance by edging out a strong Andover squad, 42 to 38, for its seventh straight triumph. Leo McDermott and Tom Tennant led the way with ten tallies apiece.

CRIMSON SPORT WEEK

Tomorrow

Varsity Basketball, Quonset Naval Air Station, at Quonset.

J.V. Basketball, Navy Communications School at 8 o'clock.

Friday

Varsity Hockey, West Point, at West Point.

Saturday

Varsity Basketball, Boston University, at 8:15 o'clock.

J.V. Basketball, Exeter at Exeter.

Varsity Swimming, University of Connecticut, at 3 o'clock.

J.V. Hockey, Exeter at Exeter.

J.V. Track, Andover at Andover.