Hockey Team Ties Purple 7-7 in Third Period Surge

Andrews Sets Pace With Three Goals

In a wild third period, the Crimson hockey team pulled a 7 to 7 tie with Holy Cross out of the proverbial hat at the Skating Club last night.

Two quick goals near the end of the third period gave Harvard the tie. An overtime period was impossible because the Crusaders had to take their team back to Worcester. In a previous meeting this season, Harvard had taken the Crusaders into camp 10 to 6.

Three of Harvard's seven goals were registered by Andrews, working the center slot; Cowan at right defense sunk two and Tilghman and Eaton, right wing and center, racked up one apiece. For the Crusaders, Bossiere, who played most of the game at center, scored four goals and spent the rest of the time sending the Harvard defense men into icy tailspins.

High Scoring Third Period

The final frame opened with Ayre drawing the only major penalty of the game and Bossiere scoring again at 1:10. Harvard made it 5 to 4 on a freak goal. Cowan's wide shot at the Crusader goal was caught by net-minder Soccorso, who proceeded to juggle the puck around to such an extent that it landed inside his nets and hit pay dirt.

Bossiere scored for the last time at 10:06 of the period, which gave Holy Cross a two goal edge. At this juncture the Chasemen seemed to realize that disaster was near, for they started the attack which gave then their tie. Andrews took a pass from Ayres at 16:06 and slipped one into the Holy Cross cage and 24 seconds later Eaton took one from Greeley and tied the game up. Harvard continued to threaten until time ran out.