Accurate Shots, Fast Break Top New Hampshire 71-43

Champion Big Point Man With 22 Tallies

Little opposition was expected, and little was received when the Varsity quintet trekked up to Durham Saturday to trounce New Hampshire, 71 to 43, to bring its season record up to 17 victories in 18 games.

Superb marksmanship and a devastating fast break sewed up the game for the Crimson after the first few moments of uncertainty; they averaged a very hot 42 percent in making 30 of the 71 shots they took from the floor, in contrast to the Wildcats' 19 for 85.

A novel, though not unwelcome, development, was the emergence of Paul Champion, the Crimson's sterling defensive guard, as high scorer of the evening with 22 points. Runners-up were Johnny Gantt and Lou Decsi with 21 and 16 markers respectively.

Apparently inspired by the Varsity's exploits, Coach Al McCoy's Jayvee squad finished its season last week with a 40 to 36 win over the B.U. Squad Saturday and a 55 to 34 thrashing of Milton Academy last Wednesday. The victory at Milton was the eleventh in a row for the team, giving it a season record of eleven and three; three of these games were won by one-point margins.