Poll on Delegate To Youth Parley Slated for Today

Council Organizes Machinery To Select Representative if Students Agree to Proposal

Whether a member of the University goes to Europe this summer to attend the Student International Conference in Prague will depend on the result of the Student Council poll to be taken in the House dining halls this evening. Commuters will vote at Dudley this afternoon.

Accompanying the ballots which will demand a "yes" of "no" vote will be a flyer prepared by the Council explaining the issues involved, including a declaration of the purposes of the Convention.

The Council instructs all those who wish to apply for the position of undergraduate representative at the conference to pick up blanks at Phillips Brooks House this afternoon any time after 3:30. If the student body votes for the proposal the completed blanks will be due at the PBH office before Saturday noon.

Screening the applications and making the final selection of the representative will be a committee appointed by the Council consisting of Dan H. Fenn '44, chairman, John C. Harper '46, John C. L. Hulley '44, Robert Watson '37, associate dean of the College, and one member yet to be named. The committee hopes to announce its choice early next week after personal interviews have been conducted with the leading candidates.

Besides representing the Harvard student body, the man chosen will also be the delegate for all other New England students and youth organizations. When he returns in the latter part of August he will be expected to report to University undergraduates and the other New England bodies which he will represent.

The ultimate purpose of the conference, sponsored by many of the nation's leading officials and organizations, is to set up a permanent organization to act as a clearing house for international youth problems as well as to further friendly international relations and unify the world student bodies.