Special Student Committee to Hold Save-OPA Rally at Noon Tomorrow

Nine Graduate School, College Groups Represented Among Sponsors of Mass Protest

As the Senate forces of Barkley and Taft prepared yesterday to tear up the battleground of price control, the nine-man Harvard Committee to Save O.P.A. set the hour of noon tomorrow as the time for students in the University to put themselves on record in favor of effective price ceilings.

Either the steps of Widener Library or Sanders Theatre in Memorial Hall will be the scene of the rally, depending on the success today of the Committee in petitioning Dean Duhig for permission, so far refused, to use the preferred outdoor location.

William Y. Elliott, professor of Government, by way of expressing his support of the purposes of the rally, has agreed to be one of the speakers, according to Stanley Geller '40, 3L, chairman of the Committee, along with a member of the Economics Department to be announced later.

Petitions To Be Sent Congress

Concrete evidence of University demand for an O.P.A. will be gathered at strategically-placed booths tomorrow morning in the form of petitions which are to be included in master copies and presented to the floor leaders in Congress.

Composed largely of veteran students, several of them married, the Committee represents the Business and Law Schools and the major College activities.

Its statement of purpose in organizing mentstomorrow's rally is: "We favor the restoration of O.P.A. without crippling amendments." Members of the group have stated that the student body is noticeably alarmed lest aid under the G.I. Bill or other limited funds prove insufficient and force many to give up their education.

Preferring to hold an open air meeting in the Yard at a time and place at which the student body would find it most convenient to assemble, the Committee will make a last attempt this afternoon to get Dean Duhig's consent to use Widener's steps as a platform.

A spokesman for the group declared that the dean has so far declined to give the permission usually allowed such activities for fear of "horseplay by unsympathetic groups" such as marked a Liberal Union demonstration last March